Coronavirus information and provisional cancellation policy changes
On 30 January 2020, the World Health Organization (WHO) declared a Public Health Emergency of International Concern (PHEIC) for the current outbreak of coronavirus disease, known as COVID-19.
We know you may have questions about the coronavirus (COVID-19) and what it means for you as traveller. As the situation evolves, this page is the best place to learn more about the MallorVillas policy regarding this matter.
More information is coming out every day, and that can make this a confusing time to travel. We’ll continue to monitor the situation and share updates as we have them. In the meantime, we’re asking our clients to not worry as we are flexible enough to ensure everyones risk free holiday.
What does this new policy mean for actual bookings?
Eligible reservations can be changed without charges, including:
- Guests who are traveling to or from severely affected areas.
- In case Mallorca becomes an affected area and there is a recommendation from the Foreign & Commonwealth office against traveling to the island, this will be a reason to offer a cost free voucher for the booking.
- Anyone who can’t complete their trip due to official travel restrictions, medical or disease control duties, flight or ground transport cancellation initiated by the provider due to COVID-19, or suspected or confirmed cases of COVID-19
What happens when a confirmed reservation that falls under our extenuating circumstances policy is cancelled?
- The guest will have the choice for a
- Change the booked dates
- Or change the booked property
- Or change both, the dates as well as the booked property